Wow. How is it Friday already? I guess I'm overstuffed and too lazy to post. I'm sitting here debating whether or not I can justify having bread pudding for breakfast (again). That would make it two days in a row since I had bread pudding for breakfast yesterday. Um, maybe I should just stop with coffee and biscotti today. Anyway, we had Thanksgiving on Wednesday with a couple of friends because that day just worked better with their work schedules. But there was little to no planning and nothing got started in the kitchen including a 9.5 pound turkey until after 4:00 pm so it we didn't eat until 8:30 pm. But, when all was said and done there was stuffed shells, garlic roasted broccoli, macaroni and cheese, a small turkey with all the basics (stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy) and wine, of course. We didn't even touch dessert until the next morning. Since we couldn't be with family, friends were the next best thing. If they hadn't come over we wouldn't have done anything out of the ordinary and that would have made for a very sad, sorry way to waste a holiday. I was surprised how nice the dining room table looked all dressed up and it was nice to have music and chatter floating around. Emily raided the napkin rings all night and I found them in pots, cupboards and everywhere but on the napkins where I put them three, four, half a dozen times. And I found the unused turkey baster resting between the washing machine and dryer a day later. Chuckle. So the best part about the real Thanksgiving Day was that we didn't cook a darn thing. It was a pretty quiet day, our friends left around noon and I think we just washed the leftover pots and pans and watched movies.
Today? We're ditching the cable company and giving DirectTV a shot. I'm not too keen about getting a dish but the cable service has truly been horrible. But I've got a small itch to go out, so I may actually go shopping today of all days. I can hardly keep up with all the email on special offers and sales. I was a little pissed, however, when I got an email from one retailer announcing free shipping just days after I ordered some stacking toy storage crates. Figures.
Friday, November 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment