Still here. Have been feeling overextended, overtired and have let the day-to-day get the best of me. Received more awful news from friends that just breaks my heart over and over. Certainly makes us feel lucky but I just wish terrible things didn't have to happen to kids. It's not fair. And yeah, I know, "life's not fair." Here's hoping for the best, but things don't sound good. There were layoffs at work this week which just added to the general gloom and doom feeling. So, I have to focus on the brighter spots here because if you wanted to be depressed, you'd be watching the news instead of visiting here. Happier things going on: nobody's got a cold this week, the snow is melting and only some leaked into my office, we're into what I consider the last month of winter, a birthday celebration later this month, and Valentine's day preparations for the Preschool's friendship lunch on Friday. Household chores will likely take a back seat today even though the house is screaming at me for a thorough scrub down. Ella Madeline...the baby I don't know what to call...isn't mobile yet but looks like she'll be hell on all fours. She's interested in everything, and everything goes into the mouth in a way that seems different from Emily. She seems captivated by Emily's every word and action, much more so than anything I do. But hey, I'm just a boring old grown up who literally wants to sit still for hours doing absolutely nothing.
Sunday, February 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Grandpa Whis knows how to determine proper names for his girls. Sounds like it is time for a Grandpa visit. Yes?
For some reason, your posts aren't showing up in my bloglines. Hrm.
Anyway, thought to check here to answer my "Ella? Maddie?" worry and saw this post. Hee hee. I was worried I was calling her the wrong name! Both are beautiful, so whichever she ends up with will be perfect. :-)
Post a Comment