Saturday, August 1



So .... bikes. We got emily her first bike (she never even had a tricycle) last weekend. We trekked out to Chelmsford and then out to Leominster and didn't come home empty-handed. I am head over heels about this bike! Metallic purple and dragonflies!!! It was fate. But alas, more than I wanted to spend. Gearworks was a very cool shop, excellent service but they didn't have the same models. Instead, they had a different line of kids bikes...and emily really didn't care about the dragonflies, she just wanted purple. So this is the bike we took home (in purple). On, and a purple helmet with poodles. None of us really cares for poodles, but it was a nice shade of purple, fit well, and that was the only style in stock. So poodles it was. Although we got a good deal on the bike, the total was the same amount we would have spent on the dragonfly bike anyway, but I keep telling myself that it's not *my* bike.
Since it was late Sunday afternoon and a thunderstorm blew in, she only had five minutes to get her first skinned knee. Bust we had a really nice afternoon at the park today, which has a large, smooth, flat area that's a skating rink in winter all to ourselves to ride through a few puddles. She does well, I was so impressed how she just took off in the tiny little rows at the stores. She just needs practice braking and then she won't need me hovering.


It only took a patch of dandelions to get her off cause she can't pass up a flower; she *loves* picking flowers. And we spent a good couple of hours just playing at the park. Saw a froggy hiding in the waterlogged woodchips at the swings. Not a bad day.

1 comment:

queenbeehoney said...

This is the cutest vid ever! I watch it over and over, and I am missing your Mama Posts.

Cameron is cute as a bug's ear. I got to walk him around Muskingum Park today ~ too fun. At one point he started to cry and his face got so red!